Thursday, September 23, 2010

Questions

I shamelessly copied the following from another blog
http://heatherpaiges.blogspot.com
I thoroughly enjoyed reading her ...she is an accomplished and interesting writer and this particular post spoke to me in a big way...
I'm trying to cut through the surface of me and consider my motivations.
..it's not much fun.


"Is it wanting nice clothes or is it wanting popularity and acceptance? Is it wanting popularity or is it wanting self-confidence? Is it wanting confidence or is it needing faith?

Is it wanting a car or is it wanting independence and control? Is it wanting independence or is it wanting to depend on something constant?

Is it wanting to be attractive or is it wanting a boy or girlfriend? Is it wanting a bf or gf or is it wanting attention? Is it wanting attention or is it wanting to feel worthy?

Is it working to be good at a skill or is it wanting recognition? Is it wanting recognition or is it building an identity?

Is it really about drugs and alcohol or is it about escape? Is it wanting to escape or is it searching for peace?

Is it wanting stuff or is it wanting satisfaction? Is it wanting satisfaction or is it longing for joy?

Put your faith in God because He is constant. You are worthy in his eyes and if you put your identity in Christ, you will be filled with peace and joy."

1 comment:

  1. That's what we should set our goal on to trust in God everyday...and he will grant us peace and joy. I believe it! Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..