Sunday, September 5, 2010

Letter # 33

Nurnberg, Germany
10 October 1951

"Darling,
   I am honestly ashamed of myself.  I've just finished reading your most recent letter and please believe me, I did not realize that I had been neglecting you so.  I've realized for quite some time that I haven't been writing as often as I should, not only to you, but everyone.  You're the last person in the world that I would hurt, intentionally or otherwise.  Please believe me when I say that I'm sorry.  Your love is all that matters to me in this thing we call life.  Without you there's nothing for me As you stated in your letter, it takes something like this to make a person  realize how much they love someone. The only thing that has kept me from writing is that we were working so late for a while. The pressure has let up some this last week and while we're enjoying the respite I intend to catch up on back correspondence.
  Hump is back here at the stockade now as a disciplinary guard.  He's really anxious to get back home too.  It seems as though he doesn't care for this army life any more than I do.
   You were discussing the night we went to Riverside Park and the Belmont.  You asked if I remembered.  Every day, every night, every hour that we were together are embedded in my mind.  One doesn't forget the happiest moments of their life. I can't remember the exact moment I realized that you were the love of my life. I suppose it dawned on me the night we were sitting in front of your house and you said that you loved me. I wanted to tell you how I felt but couldn't because of the past.  Now I know there was never a past.  My life began when I met you
   Kitten, I'll close for tonight and if this letter does nothing but prove that I love you I'll consider it a success.

Sweet dreams darling,
I love you.
Bob

P.S.  Are you still angry? Don't be please.
PPS. Tell Molly thanks for offering the reassurance.
PPPS. My what naughty language you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..