Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lincoln County Tennessee

Last month, the last time Bob was able to go for a ride, we drove to Fayettville, Tn., just about 15 or 20 miles north of Hazel Green...We got off the main hwy. - 231/431 - onto county hwy. 275 and enjoyed a  picturesque drive through the countryside.  We came to a four way stop and saw this lovely old church and cemetary......As Bob and I have always felt we would prefer to be buried in a place such as this...peaceful and quiet... Barb checked it out for us last week...Bob's body will be laid to rest here tomorrow...and someday my body will be beside him.




3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful place, Charlene. I wish we could have been there with you today to celebrate Bob's homegoing and to give you a hug. Rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and your beautiful family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom, We made it home tonight at about 8PM. I love you so much. So torn between knowing dad is fulfilling, as the quote in his Bible said, "life's greatest adventure-death" and missing him terribly. I am sure I don't begin to feel the emptiness you feel as you have cared for him these many months and shared his life for 57+ years. What a beautiful example you have been to your children. Please take care of yourself mom. We need you. Whenever you feel like you would like to come to Texas, please come. I'll be back in Hazel Green as soon as I possibly can. Wish I was retired. Maybe soon. Love Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..