Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wallowing

God gives us so many promises in the Bible..really neat promises...

"Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"God is our refuge and strength, a very  present help in time of trouble."  Psalm 46:1

" Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4: 6 & 7

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. "Matthew 5:4

" (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he swore unto them." Deuteronomy 4:31

I have discovered much about myself since Bob died....

quote from another blog: "I need a faith booster shot!"
My faith has been tested like never before...I'm pretty sure I failed the test because for most of the past eight months I have not felt peace, comfort, help, rest...
My mind tells me that we cannot accept parts of the Bible as truth but doubt other parts...I trust in His words that tell us:

   "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."  John 14:1-3

“And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament, and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” Daniel 12.2-3.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17).

  How can this trust and acceptance of life after death be a sound belief  while doubt of His other promises of peace, comfort, rest, etc...remain in the heart?

I'm sure I'm missing something here...but I'm also sure that God knows my heart and loves me anyway...

quote from another blog:
"Grieving is okay but you shouldn't wallow in it."
I've been wallowing for eight months...This grieving is no joke but I can't turn it off. How long will this be going on?

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart it breaks my heart to hear your sorrow. I wish I knew something to say that would bring you out of the valley. It's hard to stay on that mountain top all the time, but we have to use that joy to help us through the valley. So I hope the memories you have will bring you out of the valley and rejoice in the wonderful life you had together. Being sick doesn't help. Hope you get well soon. Love you, Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..