Thursday, November 19, 2009

Peete's Landing ???

We need to come up with a name for our new "cabin"...soon to be under construction in
          Alabama The Beautiful


As you regular readers know we are relocating to be with family members who are better able to assist me in caring for Bob...and also  we've just wanted to be near Barb and her family for a long time...
Together we are having our new home built. Bob has always wished for a "little cabin in the woods" ...
"The woods" is on Barb and Davids property...perhaps  50  yds??? behind their home....behind David's detached extra garage.

This picture and floor plan is the one we are  using as our model...with changes...











Here is the floor plan after the changes...the front porch will go  all the way across the house ...It will be handicap accessable throughout...no steps anywhere...even a shower that you can roll a wheelchair into...the house will be sitting at an angle to the "big house" and the front of the house is facing the back of the lot. The "great room and kitchen" has been switched to the opposite side as  in the  plan above so that the tall windows will look out onto Barbs yard and house.

                                                                                    
                                                                                                   
 Some trees had to be cut down...






anywho....any suggestions for a name???
I've ruled out Soggy Bottom, Beaver Place, Whistling Creek, Driftwood Chalet...
considering "Peete's Landing"...

3 comments:

  1. How about a Gentle Landing or I thought Lil' Beulah- Beulah Land Im longing for you and someday on thee I'll stand-there my home shall be eternal...
    I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Peete's Landing! Reminds me of that show Dallas! i don't know why that is what came to my mind. Whatever it is called i wish it would hurry up and be December so you can get here!!! Can't wait! I Love You Both!!!
    Laura Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about "For Peete's Sake"
    Looking forward to having you all near.
    Love you,
    Juju

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..