Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tornado...Mena, Ar...April 10, 2009 : ( Sad

This clip from YouTube shows the destruction very graphically. The first part is a slide show of pictures...some the same as my pictures...it's over 7 min.long but the last min. is a video you should watch...so at the very least slide toward the end and view the video..




I took these photos April 25...almost 3 weeks after the tornado...all the streets had been cleared of trees, etc... Emergency management officials in Polk County said about 1,000 homes were damaged or destroyed
200 homes were destroyed by the twister, 400 homes sustained moderate damage, and another 400 sustained minor damage in the storm that killed three and injured many.
>


This is the house we lived in in 1956...


the house in 1956..me holding son Herk ..my brother Nick..my sister JoAnn holding my daughter, Laura

We stayed at the Wilhelmina Lodge at the State Park up on the mountain...

Breakfast Sat. am at the Lodge

View from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..