Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Memorial Day....May 26 a day of rememberance



My husband...served in occupied Germany during the Korean War 1951/52

My brother, Ed...US AirForce 1958/59 served stateside

My brother Nick...served in Viet Nam

My nephew, Anthony...US Navy...1983 and presently serving with the Texas National Guard


My nephew, Greg...career Navy..

My POW/MIA braclet that I wore during the Viet Nam war...S/SGT Donald Gervais..reported missing 5/01/1968This is what I found out about him just today:


GERVAIS, DONALD PETER
Name: Donald Peter Gervais
Rank/Branch: Master Sergeant/US Army
Unit: Troop B, 1st Squadron,
9th Cavalry 1st Cavalry Division
Camp Evans, South Vietnam
Date of Birth: 20 July 1943
Home of Record: Clarksville, TN

Date of Loss: 01 May 1968
Country of Loss: South Vietnam
Status in 1973: Missing In Action

For his story go to:
http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/
at the bottom of the page click on the first letter of his last name

2 comments:

  1. donald gervais is my uncle i was wondering if you still had that bracelet it would be very cool if you did and if you could send it to me i will give you information if you give me your e mail or phone number thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. my email is cspeete4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..