Thursday, March 5, 2009

Horton Foote - 1917-2009

"Often cited as one of America's most beloved dramatists, Horton Foote has shown an unmatched ability to capture the very essence of small-town life, a talent that became the life-blood of his career since its earliest days. From his Oscar-winning and unforgettably moving adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) to such introspective original works as Tender Mercies (1983) and (1985) The Trip to Bountiful, Foote had a way of crafting characters who speak directly to the soul with honesty and sincerity."

Not my words but I heartily agree..

Silence the music and watch these touching videos.

1 comment:

  1. I love both of those movies. I would like to watch them again. If you have them, bring them when you come and we will watch them together. I can't wait to see you and daddy. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments..I enjoy receiving them..